Get your storyland tickets from desk:( No need to wait in line at storyland )
Tip #1 - Go into Storyland 3 hours before closing ( that's 3pm in July & August, & you get a FREE family pass to use any other day of the summer!
Tip #2 - Don't stay in North Conway because the traffic jams are just terrible, the parking is difficult, & it's just not fun. Our picnic tables along the river give you an incredibly beautiful place to have lunch. Our BBQ set-ups allow you to even grill a simple meal.
Tip #3 - We're the quietest Hotel out of the Rt. 302/16 North Conway traffic & one of the very few Hotels located directly between Santa's Village (24 miles north of us) & Storyland (2 miles directly south).
Tip #4 - Try to plan time to take the kids on a hike or to play, visit & swim in one of our Mtn. streams. The waterfalls here are the cleanest & nicest in the world.
The Polar Express train starts at the historic train station (which used to have 40 trains a day come from Boston) and you'll board the Polar Express train behind the station. You will be greeted by the elf conductors and chefs as you get onto the train. The onboard trip to the North Pole will take about 20 magical minutes!! A sea of elves will be waiting for you outside when you disembark at the North Pole. Their will walk with you with their lanterns, taking you up the hill to Santa's workshop. Each elf has his/her own name, age and history so feel free to encourage your kids to ask the elves questions (you can also take the elves aside and ask them to mention a past Christmas gift your child received, and they will tell them that they made it for them!
All our packages include two nights lodging, special golden express tickets, a continental breakfast both mornings, and FREE tickets to go tubing, cross country skiing, and snow shoeing at Great Glen Trails (weather permitting) as many days as you'd like.
You can also do many fun things locally. Within ten minutes are 5 alpine ski resorts, 3 cross country ski areas, dog sledding, horse drawn sleigh rides, snowmobiling, and tax free shopping.
While staying with us for the Polar Express, you may also be interested in taking part of some of these other awesome activities (additional costs apply):
• Mountain Coasters - at Attitash and Cranmore
• Santa's Village - Santa's Village is a wonderful Christmas-themed amusement park for kids and families. .. a MUST-SEE!
• Alpine Skiing - We are located 5-10 minutes from Black, Cranmore, Wildcat and Attitash mountains. Bretton Woods is about 30 minutes away.
• Nordic Skiing - You can ski right from the Lodge onto the 180 km trail system of the Jackson Ski Touring Foundation. We are also located 5 minutes from Great Glen Trails (FREE ski passes with your reservation) and Bear Notch. (Weather dependent)
• Snowmobiling - Northern Extremes and Lil Man are the local places to rent snowmobiles and to get guided tours. Trails are located 5-10 minutes from The Lodge.
• Dog-Sledding - One of the most unique winter sporting adventures ever! Half an hour away you will find the New England Dogsled Team, who will provide you and your family with amazing, unforgettable fun!
• Horse-Drawn Sleighrides.
• Snowcoach rides up Mount Washington.
• Mountain Coasters at Cranmore and Attitash Mountains
• Weather Discovery Center - Learn all about the weather on top of Mount Washington in this free Science museum for kids.
• Mount Washington Valley Children's Museum