Explore Jackson NH
The elves at the North Pole are getting ready for the magical Polar Express train! They are already making their lists and checking them twice ... and they want to make sure that you have your packages for this year’s event before they are sold out!!
Board the train in North Conway Village for the North Pole! Parents and children dressed in their pajamas depart from the Victorian station to live the experience of the little boy in The Polar Express
written by Chris Van Allsburgh.
We have regular weekend (Friday/Saturday) packages available. The Polar Express starts the last weekend in November and runs the first 3 weekends of December, through December 22nd. As well as a "Discount Value Package," on Sunday/Monday that is $200 less.
Our exclusive 2018 Polar Express Package includes:
Enjoy the many other special things Jackson has to offer:
- Two nights lodging, (with option to get additional nights at a discount off normal rates)
- Polar Express Tickets
- A horse-drawn sleigh ride in a spectacular ‘fairy tale’ setting.
- Homemade New England-style Continental Breakfast, featuring our famous homemade Maple Bread Pudding and Wild Blueberry Muffins.
- Voluntary participation in our Book Grab Bag (bring a book to donate and take a book home)
- FREE Tubing, Cross Country Skiing, and Snow Shoeing passes to Great Glen Trains (weather dependent)
- Golden Polar Express Souvenir tickets for the children as a keepsake
- Afternoon Candy canes and Homemade cookies
- Santa’s surprise Goody Bag in each room with small gifts for your children
- View the Lodge’s amazing Gingerbread house all decorated for Christmas, AND
- Our Signature Christmas "Critter" tree, made with dozens of handmade ornaments created from nature’s bounty!
While staying with us for the Polar Express, you may also be interested in taking part of some of these other awesome activities (additional costs apply):
- Mountain Coasters - at Attitash and Cranmore
- Santa’s Village - Santa’s Village is a wonderful Christmas-themed amusement park for kids and families. .. a MUST-SEE!
- Alpine Skiing - We are located 5-10 minutes from Black, Cranmore, Wildcat and Attitash mountains. Bretton Woods is about 30 minutes away. Discount tickets to all slopes are available at The Lodge.
- Nordic Skiing - You can ski right from the Lodge onto the 180 km trail system of the Jackson Ski Touring Foundation. We are also located 5 minutes from Great Glen Trails (FREE ski passes with your reservation) and Bear Notch. Discount tickets to Bear Notch and Jackson are available. (Weather dependent)
- Snowmobiling - Northern Extremes and Lil Man are the local places to rent snowmobiles and to get guided tours. Trails are located 5-10 minutes from The Lodge.
- Dog-Sledding - One of the most unique winter sporting adventures ever! Half an hour away you will find the New England Dogsled Team, who will provide you and your family with amazing, unforgettable fun!
- Horse-Drawn Sleighrides.
- Snowcoach rides up Mount Washington.
- Mountain Coasters at Cranmore and Attitash Mountains
- Weather Discovery Center - Learn all about the weather on top of Mount Washington in this free Science museum for kids.
- Mount Washington Valley Children’s Museum
Polar Express train it is one of the most special experiences you can take with your kids. First there was the book, then the movie. Well, the Polar Express train ride is even more amazing!
Did you know that Tom Hanks and the producers of the Polar Express movie came to our train here in North Conway to get ideas for their film?! All the volunteers at the Polar Express do such a great job that your kids will think they ARE at the North Pole! One year when I was helping out as an elf I saw a boy say to his Mom, "I've never been SO far from home in my whole life!!". (I happen to know that he lives on the other side of the mountain from where the North Pole and Santa's workshop is located.
Some Polar Express Tips from Chris
There are two performances each day. One leaves at 4:30pm and one at 7pm. The entire performance lasts around two hours.
For the performance, EVERYONE (parents included!!) will want to wear their pajamas. I suggest you dress in layers. Wear tights or leggings or some type of warm clothing under your pajamas and robe, along with winter boots and a jacket.
Plan to get to the train station a little bit early. Parking is ample for each performance, but it may take you a few minutes to find a parking spot and walk to the station. You may choose to eat dinner in town before or after the performance. The Muddy Moose, Flatbreads, Horse Feathers, and Delaneys are some great family restaurants not too far from the train station.
The Polar Express train starts at the historic train station (which used to have 40 trains a day come from Boston) and you’ll board the Polar Express train behind the station. You will be greeted by the elf conductors and chefs as you get onto the train. The onboard trip to the North Pole will take about 20 magical minutes!! A sea of elves will be waiting for you outside when you disembark at the North Pole. Their will walk with you with their lanterns, taking you up the hill to Santa's workshop. Each elf has his/her own name, age and history so feel free to encourage your kids to ask the elves questions (you can also take the elves aside and ask them to mention a past Christmas gift your child received, and they will tell them that they made it for them!
I'm not going to tell you what happens next, but it is very special so I won’t give it away. After the performance the elves will escort you back down the hill to the train. On the ride home, the Elf Chefs will serve you hot chocolate, cookies or chocolates, and give you a special Polar Express Bells as you sing Christmas carols on the way home.
All our packages include two nights lodging, special golden express tickets, a continental breakfast both mornings, and FREE tickets to go tubing, cross country skiing, and snow shoeing at Great Glen Trails (weather permitting) as many days as you'd like.
You can also do many fun things locally. Within ten minutes are 5 alpine ski resorts, 3 cross country ski areas, dog sledding, horse drawn sleigh rides, snowmobiling, and tax free shopping.
As the largest sponsor of the Polar Express, we pride ourselves on being the Polar Express experts. Over the past eight years we have helped over 2000 families have memorable Polar Express vacations. Let us help you to design yours today!
Packages are on sale NOW, so call us today at 603.383.0999 to reserve yours!